26 April 2011
LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL CANDIDATES
TO STATE POSITION ON PULP MILLFriends of the Tamar Valley has sent a personal letter to each of the legislative council candidates, giving them the opportunity to state their position on the proposed pulp mill.
“Upper House candidates must clarify for Tasmanians their views and intentions on Gunns’ proposed Tamar Valley pulp mill,” spokesperson for FTV Vanessa Bleyer said.
“The Tamar Valley Pulp Mill remains one of the biggest and most controversial issues in Tasmania. Before Tasmanians vote they should know candidates views and intentions on the issue”.
“The people deserve to know whether the candidate:
• believes a thorough risk assessment of the pulp mill proposal has been undertaken
• would vote for or against any changes to the Pulp Mill Assessment Act 2007
• would vote for or against any further state government funding to support the proposed pulp mill,”
Ms Bleyer said.
Friends of the Tamar Valley calls on the candidates to let their position be known without delay.
For further information contact:
- Vanessa Bleyer of FTV on 0412 58 68 48.
- Legislative council candidates. Contact details on page 4 of attached TEC document.Here